May We Never Forget
- This "343" Hero WOD was created and dedicated to the 343 FDNY firefighters who lost their lives on 9/11/2001 in the terrorist attacks on New York City.
- Please join us as we pay tribute to these firefighters, and their families for their heroic acts.
- THIS WOD MAY LOOK LIGHT, BUT IT IS A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF VOLUME UNDER LOAD I N THE SAME POSITION. IF YOU ARE NOT A RX ATHLETE AT ALL TIMES, YOU MUST SCALE THIS WOD IN SOME CAPACITY.
- Rx Athletes will get plate priority. From there, Performance and Fitness Athletes will find a weight that makes sense for them. The rep scheme for Performance and Fitness is intentional. Please do not dismiss this guide.
- KEEP YOUR BACK FLAT AND YOUR FORM ON POINT. A rounded back will lead to a sore back right off the bat!
- Small sets and quick breaks off the bar is the name of the game with this WOD!
- Think Hamstrings, Back and Grip when warming up!
- After you mobilize you will do 4 each of all movements in the WOD with a PVC, then a Barbell, then with the weight you will be using for the Ground to Overhead. After each, perform 4 CWC and 4 PVC Good Mornings.
- For your last set, load it with your Power Clean weight and perform only the Deadlifts and Power Cleans.
Remember - you will only be doing Rx, if you are an Rx Athlete 95% of the time. This WOD contains a lot of volume in similar positions. Be smart and don't let your ego get the best of you!We are a team and we are here to remember the bigger meaning behind this WOD. People need a lot of plates, which may mean you might not find exactly what you need. DON'T WORRY. Find a smart weight and use it. My advice....
- The deadlifts might feel light at the start. The first 50 feel A LOT different then the last 50. Keep that back flat and use your legs to drive that bar up.
- Use your legs in the power cleans to drive. It will save your grip and upper body.
- For the ground to overhead you have the option of a power snatch or a clean + jerk/push press. You may want to mix and match to get more reps done. Up to you!
- Just STAY MOVING in the burpees. The end is in site and you just have to keep powering through!
Body Care: Glute, IT Band, Quad, Back Foam Roll