At Home WOD 4
Every time I write the WOD #, it scares me thinking 'Do we really wanna know how many days we've been at this?!' Someone think of something better....
The Mobility & Warm-Up
- 6 Reverse Lunge - Touch - Rock
- 8 Air Squats with bounce at the bottom
- 10 Cossack Squats
- 20 High Knees
- 2 Rounds THEN
- 1:00 Couch Stretch (0:30 each side)
- THEN REPEAT (make sure to do it or the strength will be miserable)
Plyo Lunges & Wall Sits
- Get a timer for this. The Wall Sits and Active Rest will be for timed each round. The plyo lunges you will be counting reps
- Round 1 you will do 10 Plyo Lunges total, directly into a 0:10 Wall Sit Hold, directly into your Active Rest of 10 Split Stance Hops and 10 Lateral Hops.
- The Active Rest is 1:00 Each Round - you must complete the given hop reps - then rest completely with remaining time. As the reps increase, your true rest time will decrease.
- A Chart Seemed the easiest way to comprehend.... then see video below
7 Rounds For Time:Rx:
- 60 Double Unders (Sub Toe Taps if no Jump Rope (see below)
- 12 Front Rack Reverse Lunge (12 total reps)
- 12 Squat Jumps
- Rx: 45/35# Barbell OR 50/35# Dumbbell (single DB) OR Loaded Back Pack of similar Weight
- Toe Taps - using a dumbbell or something roughly 4-6 inches off the ground (click THIS LINK to view demo - forgot to film)
- Performance: Sub 40 Double Unders or Toe Taps but same weight as Rx
- Fitness: Sub 30 Toe Taps or :30 of Double Under Practice
- Fitness: Use No Weight and make them Reverse Lunges, not plyo.
The Extra Work:
4 Rounds of:
- 0:30 Plank or Plank Crunches
- 0:15 Side Plank
- 0:15 Other Side
- Bone Saw Calf Smash
Because double unders ain't easy....https://youtu.be/tIxdMfxIZ-4