THANK YOU VETERANS
Friday, we show honor and thanks to all who serve and have served in the United States Armed Forces. Veterans Day started as a day to reflect upon the heroism of those who died in our country's service, and was originally called Armistice Day. It fell on Nov. 11 because that is the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War I. In 1954, the holiday was changed to "Veterans Day" in order to account for all veterans in all wars.
This workout is dedicated to the 13 servicemen who lost their lives in Kabul, Afghanistan on August 26, 2021 by a suicide terrorist bombing at the Kabul airport, while evacuating both military and civilian personnel out of the country.
The Rep Scheme represents the ages of the 13 servicemen. R.I.P.
– Marine Corps Lance Cpl. David Espinoza, 20, of Rio Bravo, Tex.
– Marine Corps Sgt. Nicole Gee, 23, of Roseville, Calif.
– Marine Corps Staff Sgt. Darin Taylor Hoover, 31, of Utah
– Army Staff Sgt. Ryan Knauss, 23, of Corryton, Tenn.
– Marine Corps Cpl. Hunter Lopez, 22, of Indio, Calif.
– Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Rylee McCollum, 20, Jackson, Wyo.
– Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Dylan R. Merola, 20, of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
– Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Kareem Nikoui, 20, of Norco, Calif.
– Marine Corps Cpl. Daegan William-Tyeler Page, 23, of Omaha
– Marine Corps Sgt. Johanny Rosario, 25, Lawrence, Mass.
– Marine Corps Cpl. Humberto Sanchez, 22, Logansport, Ind.
– Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Jared Schmitz, 20, of Wentzville, Mo.
– Navy Hospital Corpsman Max Soviak, 22, of Berlin Heights, Ohio
There are several different movement variations in this work-out. New CrossFitters, have no fear, coaches will guide you through each movement switch.
Burpees make up a majority of this work-out. As you work your way through them, remember what those reps represent. 13 individuals no longer with us. Put your head down, stay moving and pay each of them respect through each set.
Kabul 13 - For Time (35:00 TC)
*Burpees BETWEEN each movement (NOT at the start), but Burpees will complete the WOD (after the thrusters)
Every Minute on the Minute for 10:00 build to 80% of 1 Rep Max