The 2022 CrossFit Open is just two short weeks away, and we want YOU to be a part of it. If you don't yet know what The Open is, or haven't experienced it with us, please follow THIS LINK to learn more. EVERYONE can participate. Doesn't matter if you are a new member, scaled athlete, a masters athlete or Rxer. There are options for everyone.
- You sign-up for The Open by following the above link. Open participation is $20
- Open announcements are on Thursdays at 3pm. You can watch live at: games.crossfit.com
- We will be doing the work-outs as a community on Saturdays beginning at 8am.
- We will be asking for heat request times in the coming weeks. We realize some have flexible schedules and some do not. If you are able, please be flexible. Final heats did not start later than 12:00pm last year. It all depends on how long the work-outs are.
- If you cannot make it on Saturday, we will help find a time before Monday at 8pm for you to make it up. You must let us know in advance though. We will also include this request in the heat schedule information.
- Work-outs must be complete by Monday at 8pm. You will submit your score at: games.crossfit.com.
- Stay tuned for more info
Use the first part of this strength (with a dumbbell) to warm-up for part II (with a barbell)Part I
- DB Hang Muscle Clean
- no jump or squat under the weight. Hinge, extend and shrug.
- DB Hang Muscle Snatch
- Dumbbell Strict Press
- stand like a statue. Stay tight from head to toe. Remain in-line, do not lean to one side or the other
- Dumbbell Push Jerk
- use the legs to dip drive
- Dumbbell Push Press
- dip drive and jump under to use the legs to help stand up the weight.
- 3 Clean Deadlifts + 1 Clean
- the clean DL just reinforces the first pull off the floor when performing a clean. The butt is slightly lower than that of a deadlift.
- Barbell Strict Press
- Barbell Push Press
- Barbell Push Jerk
- Row for max wattage. Take a look at THIS VIDEO to help explain why we are doing the drill this way. Although the details are incorrect, the mission is the same.
Hang on tight, this Met-Con will start your Monday off right!You will work your way up in reps until you complete 10 of everything.