Check Your Inboxes
Or CLICK HERE for our latest News & Updates
Murph Prep Monday
- Pull-Ups and Push-Ups are the meat of the Hero WOD Murph. You will alternate between 0:20 of Pull-Ups (butterfly, kipping, or box) and 0:20 of Push-Ups.
- Good form builds strength. Bad form does not. Because we often see bad form with push-ups, the scorable portion for this station is total pull-ups only. Focus on the key points as seen below with each rep you do. You may even grab a box to do elevated push-ups as well.
- Murph begins and ends with a mile run. We will be accumulating 1200 meters in this station with FAST rounds of push-ups and barbell rows between.
- In order to finish this WOD your runs must be around 3:00 each and your push-ups and rows should be about the same. Take a look at the clock BEFORE you head out for your final run. We don't want you down the road when the timer goes off.
- Fit will run around the upper parking lot loop so you can stay close by on your final runs.
- Be sure to stand all the way up with the bar, THEN hinge into your barbell row. This keeps the back nice and flat through the movement.
- 9 minute Up Ladder. Reps increase by 6 each round. We encourage you to write the rep scheme down.
- You will start the WOD with Tuck-Ups, and you will do Tuck-Ups between each set of Kettlebell Swings and Medicine Ball tosses.
- 10 Tuck-Ups, 3 KBS, 3 MBT
- 10 TU, 9 KBS, 9 MBT
- 10 TU, 15 KBS, 15 MBT