BRING A LONG SOCK WITH YOU
If you would like to climb the rope, you must bring a long sock or shin guard with you. Our ropes will leave a burn behind no matter how good you are, and we don't want any part of you left behind :)
HANDSTAND PUSH-UPS ARE NOT FOR EVERYONE. They are an advanced gymnastics movement, and you must posses a good amount of strength, balance and stability to execute them. Please do not attempt or ask to kick up on the wall if you are not able to perform advanced gymnastics movements.
Option #1: Handstand Push-Up Progressions
- Kicking up and practicing handstand holds on the wall for a few seconds, working towards longer periods as you get more comfortable. Repeat a few sets of wall kick-ups, which helps you to get more comfortable with actually getting up onto the wall.
- Using plates with an Ab Mat on top, do strict handstand push-ups with a reduced ranged of motion. This will help you gain balance and stability.
- Practicing the Kip.... Kick up to wall. Lower head to Ab Mat (with plates stacked underneath), legs remain straight. The lower knees to chest. Heels should be on the wall when in the handstand, butt off the wall. When you lower your head to the ab mat, your butt finds the wall to help you balance. Your back should not be resting on the wall at any point.
Option #2: Strict Handstand Push-Ups
- Work to a deficit if the singles are easy for you.
- Use plates stacked with an Ab Mat on top to reduce range of motion if needed.
Option #3: Single Arm Dumbbell Strict Press (standing)
For those not doing handstand push-ups. Stand like a statue. Tight core, tight butt, do not lean from one side or the other. Reps stated are total.
If you would like to climb the rope, you must bring a long sock or shin guard with you. Our ropes will leave a burn behind no matter how good you are, and we don't want any part of you left behind :)For Time:RunRope Climbs or Ring RowsHSPU & Seated Press ScalingSingle Arm Dumbbell Overhead Walk