Before Coming to Class
- If you missed it, READ THIS EMAIL and then WATCH THIS VIDEObefore coming to your first class after quarantine.
ZOOM Classes Resume!
Streaming LIVE at noon and 4:30pm Monday - FridayMeeting ID will always be the same: 504-063-0477 Link HERE_____________________________
CrossFit often pays tribute to fallen servicemen with a Hero work-out named in their honor. These work-outs often push us to dig deep and work hard to our maximum ability. In doing so, we take a moment out of our day to remember the ultimate sacrifice others have given to protect our freedom.Sgt. Thomas R. MacPherson, 26, was killed in action on October 12, 2012 by enemy forces during a heavy firefight while conducting combat operations in Ghazni Province, Afghanistan. He was leading an assault against an enemy position when he was mortally wounded by small arms fire."Tommy Mac" Hero WOD was created by elite-level coach Rudy Nielsen of CrossFit Outlaw (Alexandria, VA, USA), who first posted the workout on his "The Outlaw Way" blog as the workout of the day for October 27, 2012. The post included the following quote from Tommys former Platoon Leader:"The whole thing with Tommy is that he embodies everything thats right about Ranger Battalion. He held the position of Ranger Team Leader which is literally the tip of the spear. He was the consummate, quiet professionalhe expected absolutely zero recognition for what he did. He loved his job because he was a born protector. He was perfectly content to carry out his lifes work under the cover of darkness, with his and his comrades actions to remain forever under the cloak of shadows. He died doing what he loved; protecting all of us. What stood out about Tommy the most was his maturity beyond his years. I believe it was the fact that he was the older brother of younger siblings, but like another Sgt. said Tommy wasnt one of those guys who joined the Army and grew into a man. He joined as a man and grew others. He left behind his beautiful wife wife, Claudia MacPherson, and their son, Brayden."
November 11, 2019 Tommy Mac
Warm-up for those Thrusters! The Rx weight will catch you by surprise here!https://youtu.be/fdYgxWZk4Ic
- The Male Rx weight is a bit more challenging than the female Rx weight. Break your reps up into smart sets, and do not get greedy on the bar. No bars leave the mats, control - control- control
- Think about overall body awareness on every rep you do. Stay tight on those Overhead Squats, Use those hips on the thrusters.
- Don't gas yourselves too much on the burpees. Use it as a time to reset from the barbell. But stay moving!
- Dig deep, this is a Hero WOD. It is designed to challenge you and push you to an uncomfortable place. Embrace it, and remember why we do Hero WODs.