Free Trial Thursday Attendees
- Advanced notice required.
- Please arrive a few minutes early to sign a waiver. You will see a GREEN light in the window when it is time to enter. If the RED light is on, please remain outside.
- Please take a look at the videos below. You may have questions, and that's ok! Don't worry at all about the abbreviationsbelow. It will all make sense when you get here! We will go over the movements again when you arrive. Each day our program Is scaled 3 different ways to accommodate many different levels. Rx Is for advanced athletes, Performance Is a bit lighter and less dynamic, Fitness Is the lightest loading and a great place to start for most Free Trial participants.
- PLEASE REVIEW THE VIDEO BELOW FOR THE WORK-OUT ONLY. Do not worry too much about the other information or videos listed. While the class performs this part of the day, the Coach will walk you through the work-out and other important information.
PRINTABLE BENCH PROGRAM
(for members only, not Free Trial folks)We will be working weights based on percentages of our Bench 1 Rep Max found on 7/29/21. Using your numbers (see board photo below) you will build to the given percentages/rep scheme. The link below will allow you to print a VERY handy excel spreadsheet to use for the coming weeks.Simply replace the number at the top of the spreadsheet with your 1 Rep Max, and the percentages we are following will convert for youPrintable Bench ProgramIF YOU WERE NOT AT CLASS on 7/29, or did not find a 1 Rep Max, DON'T WORRY!Build to a heavy single of the day with the class (90%), then use 80% of that number for the 3x5.
The warm-up will be a bit different then we typically do. You will have 7 minutes to go through the list ONE TIME. You will do one set only of 0:30 Row, Jumping Jacks,Phelps Swings and Narrow Arm Swings. You will then move to the bench where you will use the remainder of the 7 minutes to warm-up a set of 10-8-5. Rest wisely between each of these sets and build the weight according to the percentages listed. For the warm-up, we gave you a percentage range to follow. Use this range as you would want to build to your first heavy single.
- The percentages listed are a guide. Adjust weights as needed based on how you are feeling for the day.
- At times, the percentages may compute an odd number for you. For example: If the suggested percentage listed Is asking you to lift 207.5 #, you must choose to go with 205# or 210#. This decision should be based on how the previous set felt.
One thing to note... You get 14 pulls only on the rower toward your score. No speed starts on the chain, or these will count toward your pulls.These rounds will come quick, and you will not reset your rower between partner switches. Keep the monitor counting up the entire 20 minutes.https://youtu.be/-K2PgsaolVY