What is The CrossFit Open?
The CrossFit Open is a worldwide CrossFit Competition for ALL levels. The best of the best down to the newest members all complete the same work-out each week within their gym, or at home. Why is it a big deal? Because it brings our Community together like no other. Spirits and energy levels are through the roof, and it truly is a magical time. So many people PR or do something they didn't think was possible during this time. That is the magic of the Open.What's different this year?
- The CrossFit Open Begins March 11th and will be 3 weeks instead of 5.
- They added another division called Foundations, which is PERFECT for those that have been too challenged or frustrated with the advanced ability of their 'scaled' category in years past.
- Last year we held 'Friday Night Lights' where we encouraged as many people as possible to come and cheer people on. This year, we cannot do that, but will do the WODs all day Friday in class. We will also be opening our Sunday Open Gym slot back up for 3 weeks as an opportunity to get the WODs done.
- To register, it's $20 with CrossFit, not 802... You can sort the leaderboard here and track your progress over the years. NO, you don't have to sign-up to participate at 802, it's just a little more fun if you do! Those that sign-up get a score keeper, a score sheet, results logged to track progress, and a little more stake in the game. That stake in the game is often what pushes people to achieve more than they thought they were able. We've been doing this for 7 years....Trust us, it's worth it to sign-up!
SIGN UP HEREhttps://youtu.be/nTg7lZBV__g
3 Stations - 9 minutes in each: 4 minutes to tranisition
Remember, no collars when we benchhttps://youtu.be/uiv5ESL0gv4
WARNING: Handstand Push-Ups are not a functional movement and therefore many of us have no business even giving them a try! THIS IS NOT A TECHNIQUE DAY for you to try them for the first time. Please know your abilities and do not attempt to kick up on the wall if you have no business doing so!
- Rx=Head on the same mat as your hands OR Ab Mat with 2 25# plates on either side (level)
- Performance= Ab Mat under heat, hands on floor, OR plates + Ab Mat under your head (anything to decrease the range of motion)
- Fit= Seated DB Press with 2 DBs
- Every Minute on the Minute: As Many Push-Ups as Possible
- You will row the given distance and then perform push-ups for the remaining time. Score is total push-ups.
- After the first round, you should have 15-20 seconds for push-ups. If you have more/less than that please scale accordingly.
PUSH-UPS MUST BE DONE WITH YOUR BODY ON A MAT SO YOU CAN SANITIZE YOUR STATION AFTER.Push-Upshttps://youtu.be/cKkd-zP52Vg