July 4th Weekend Schedule Changes
- Friday 7/2: Hero WOD, Tommy Mac, All Day
- Saturday 7/3: NO CROSSFIT KIDS - 8:00am and 9:10 Adult Class Only - 10:10am Class Canceled
- Monday 7/5 - All Classes running according to schedule
Save the Date
- Saturday, July 3rd - Taping and Taping Info by Stephen Burkert
- Friday July 9th at 5:40pm - Running Clinic with Kim Lord and Keith White
CrossFit often pays tribute to fallen servicemen with a Hero work-out named in their honor. These work-outs often push us to dig deep and work hard to our maximum ability. In doing so, we take a moment out of our Holiday Weekend to remember the ultimate sacrifice others have given to protect our freedom.Sgt. Thomas R. MacPherson, 26, was killed in action on October 12, 2012 by enemy forces during a heavy firefight while conducting combat operations in Ghazni Province, Afghanistan. He was leading an assault against an enemy position when he was mortally wounded by small arms fire."The whole thing with Tommy is that he embodies everything thats right about Ranger Battalion. He held the position of Ranger Team Leader which is literally the tip of the spear. He was the consummate, quiet professionalhe expected absolutely zero recognition for what he did. He loved his job because he was a born protector. He was perfectly content to carry out his lifes work under the cover of darkness, with his and his comrades actions to remain forever under the cloak of shadows. He died doing what he loved; protecting all of us. What stood out about Tommy the most was his maturity beyond his years. I believe it was the fact that he was the older brother of younger siblings, but like another Sgt. said Tommy wasnt one of those guys who joined the Army and grew into a man. He joined as a man and grew others. He left behind his beautiful wife wife, Claudia MacPherson, and their son, Brayden."
PLEASE NOTE: WE HAVE INCREASED THE WEIGHT FOR RX FEMALES. IT WAS NOT AN APPLES TO APPLES COMPARISON WITH THE MALE RX WEIGHT, BASED ON OUR EVERYDAY PROGRAMMING.IF RX IS SOMETIMES A REACH FOR YOU, PLEASE SCALE BACK AS WE HAVE DONE IN YEARS PAST, OR TO THE PERFORMANCE WEIGHT CATEGORY.
July 3, 2020 Tommy Mac
November 11, 2019 Tommy Mac
- Break your reps up into smart sets and do not get greedy on the bar. No bars leave the mats, control - control- control
- Think about overall body awareness on every rep you do. Stay tight on those Overhead Squats, Use those hips on the thrusters.
- Don't gas yourselves too much on the burpees. Use it as a time to reset from the barbell. But stay moving!
- Dig deep, this is a Hero WOD. It is designed to challenge you and push you to an uncomfortable place. Embrace it, and remember why we do Hero WODs.
4 x 10Medicine Ball Leg Curl