Lots of vocabulary here... Don't be overwhelmed, we will lead you through each piece. This strength is a build to the full snatch and clean. You should be thinking about what weight you would like to use for the WOD as you build in weight. Keep in mind, your choice should reflect one in which you can perform under fatigue.
- High Hang Power Snatch (HHPS) Wide Grip. Bar descends only 1/4 way down thighs. Explode with a big dip drive catching overhead in the Power position (above parallel).
- Hang Power Snatch (HPS) Wide Grip. Bar descends to above knees. More time to gain power. Keep weight in heels as long as possible. Big hip explosion catching in Power position.
- Hang Snatch
- Same as above except catching in full squat.
- Bar starts on the ground, catching in a full squat. Slow lift until you hit the hang (above knees), then hit the gas pedal.
- Narrow Grip (about shoulder width) Bar starts on the ground, catching at your shoulders in a full squat.
5 Rounds for Time:
- As you fatigue, you will need to stop, breathe, then hit your lift.
- The weight chosen should be one you know you can hit without failure.
- You will add/take-away weight between each clean/snatch
- Bar must be collared fully
- Clear your stations of extra plates as you add/take them away.