LONG POST BUT PLEASE READ IT ALL
Updated Sunday 3/15 - 2:00pmWe all want to remain OPEN! In order to do so, we need your help! Please keep yourselves informed by reading all emails, social media posts and checking the blog daily for updates. Information may change rapidly and we need you all to stay in the loop!
- Your safety is important to us. We are closely following Health Department and CDC recommendations and would never risk member health for the sake of staying Open. We are prepared for any direction this may go.
- We are cleaning EVERYTHING around the clock with hospital grade disinfectant. Floors, light switches, toilets, flushers, door knobs - you name it, it's been cleaned, ALL. DAY. LONG.
- WHAT WE NEED YOU TO CLEAN:
- Barbells/Dumbbells - we used to only do this with wire brushes due to rust, but for now, please clean them with the sanitizer spray and rag. Do your best to dry them down as much as possible.
- Pull-Up Bar - the pull-up bar in the big room must be cleaned with spray at this time too. PLEASE DRY THIS OFF WITH PAPER TOWEL AS IT WILL RUST QUICKLY.
- Stall Mats - Clean your work-out station by spraying it with sani and hitting it with the mop.
- EVERYTHING you use, to include foam rollers, PVC's, bikes, ergs etc.
[caption id="attachment_13701" align="alignnone" width="315"] Official Pole Polisher[/caption]
- Chalk Buckets have been removed from the floor. If chalk is important to you, you can purchase your own personal bag beginning Saturday for $3, just ask a Coach to get it for you, and don't forget to write your name on the bag.
- NO fist bumps at this time please - but let's hear those cheers!
- We will not be performing Partner WOD's in our daily programming for the time being. That may result in reduced class size on certain days such as Saturday.
- DO NOT COME TO CLASS if you are sick at all. Cold, Sinus Infection, Flu, ANYTHING. All coaches will have the right to ask sick members to leave immediately.
- DO NOT COME TO CLASS if you know you have been around someone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- We will be posting home work-outs beginning Monday 3/16 on our blog and 802 CrossFit Community FaceBook page. These will count towards the Nutrition Challenge. No equipment will be necessary. Worst case scenario, we do have to close, we will provide these work-outs with limited or no equipment and will be streaming them live throughout the day.
- After much debate, we decided to begin the Nutrition Challenge as planned on 3/16. The vitamins and minerals, sleep and water are needed now more than ever. We also wanted to use this time to focus on something we can control - our individual health. That being said, we understand the state the grocery stores are in, and are using week 1 as a 'test' week, asking you to do the very best you can. We would like you to submit your scores, but this weeks scoring will not go towards the final result. But will go towards a weekly prize. Please stay tuned for updates here.
- If you knowingly have a condition such as an auto-immune disease, please know the environment you are voluntarily entering into. Although we can try our best to be as clean as possible, you must realize your health and wellness is your own responsibility.
- Let's STAY POSITIVE - We will get through this together. Use your time working out to forget the craziness happening around us.
- Finally, THANK YOU to all of those that have been so willing to lend a hand a this time. We definitely need it! Please continue your offerings if you are able. It means the world to us! We will get through this chaos and all will be normal again! We are stronger together.
- The day we have been Hatching for! 103%, or, testing for a NEW 1RM! Let's see those PR's roll in! If you don't PR, ask yourself a few things before getting upset.... Is it my ski season and I haven't been able to put in all I wanted to with Hatch? Are you currently stressed out from the chaos happening around us? Are you tired today, or had a long weekend of doing not so restful things? ALL of these factors play a HUGE role in setting new records. Give 100% of todays effort and be happy with that outcome knowing you did your very best.
- Fitness & Nutrition Kick Off Day!If you are participating, you have until 3/23 to get this work-out in. If you cannot make it on Monday, you will let the Coach know at the start of class on any other day this week and do it on your own. This may mean you warm-up and time it on your own.
- MEASUREMENTS tapes are out. You will take 3 measurements and record on the sheets provided at the gym. Please record in centimeters.
- LEAVE THE RECORDING SHEETS AT THE GYM FOR ME.
- WOD - if you do not do the WOD exactly as specified (Rx/Per/Fit) you must record the weight you used and the distance you rowed. This is important when we re-test the WOD.
- WOD - Please record the time it takes to complete your Row
- WOD - Record your total number of reps, and use the cheat sheet provided to help you do the math.
- AT HOME WOD: Record scaling of push-ups (knees/couch etc.) and time it took you to run.
AT HOME WOD
- This WOD is provided for all. Whether you are participating in the Nutrition Challenge or not. We will be programming at home WODs until the chaos of COVID-19 is behind us.
11 minute AMRAP
RX1000m Run (124 normal paces = 100 meters - - measure during your warm-up)75 Air Squats50 Sit-Ups25 Push-Ups*As Many Burpees as Possible in Time RemainingScore = Total Reps (1000+75+50+25+Burpees)Please Note: Not all will make it to burpeesPerformanceSub: 800m RunFitnessSub 700m Run, 60 Air Squats, 40 Sit-Ups, 20 Kneeling Push-UpsWarm Up:
- Walk out the distance of your run
- 20 High Knees 20 Butt Kicks
- 10 Air Squats
- 10 Power Skips
- 20 Walking Hamstring Stretch
- 10 Ankle Rotations
- Down Dog to Walk the Dog
- 10 Arm Circles Forward and 10 Back
- 10 World's Greatest Stretch
Extra Work:10 Split Stance Squats (right leg forward)1:00 Prone Plank10 Split Stance Squats (left leg forward)1:00 Prone Plankx 4