We are hosting a CrossFit Level 1 seminar on Sat/Sun 5/6 & 5/7, therefore do not have building access for weekend classes. We are keeping an eye on the weather, and if it allows, we will hold ONE CLASS for adults and maybe kids at 9am on the green next to our building. STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES!
Ready to Run Seminar
If you are plagued with running related pain, and find this movement extremely difficult, sign yourself up for our Ready to Run Seminar on Monday, 5/8 at 5:40pm. Free for all 802 members.
- Keith White and Kim Lord will lead you through mobility drills, warm-up and teach/analyze form and technique of all runners.
- Sign-Up on Push Press
We will be completing Murph as a community on Monday, 5/29. Heat start times are 8:00 and 10:00am followed by a community BBQ. Sign-in ASAP.
Vest or No Vest....
This Hero WOD calls for some athletes to do the work-out vested. HOWEVER, the majority should do it WITHOUT a vest in order to preserve the quality of movement and to keep your body healthy and safe. Here is some great advice from Morning Chalk Up that the CrossFit community uses to determine vested ability, and the reasoning behind todays WOD.....
- AT RX…..
- IF you haven’t done Murph in a vest and can do todays WOD at 14+ rounds in 20:00, partitioned vest might be a good option
- IF you can do 16+ rounds - unpartitioned vest could be an option
- Less than 14 rounds - partitioned no vest is definitely the best option
Plantar Roll with Lax Ball
2 rounds or 5:00 of:
6-7 Rounds on a 2:30 Loop
Tempo Bench Press (3 seconds down -0 seconds at the bottom -1 second on the way up -1 second at the top)
As Many Rounds/Repetitions As Possible in 20:00
* Air squats and push-ups MUST be done on your mat! No air-squatting and push-upping under the rig.