BEST WOD OF THE WEEK
We will be streaming LIVE on Saturday at 9:00am! (meeting opens at 8:30am). Its supposed to be a beautiful morning; we'll see you there! JOIN HERE
FRIDAY LIVE CLASSES
Meeting ID number: 504-063-0477
Zoom For Live Classes
What a week it's been!https://youtu.be/INvJoTsXOvo
Time Under Tension
In a nutshell, TUT refers to how long a muscle is under strain during a set. A typical set of 10 reps for an average lifter will take anywhere from 15-25 seconds depending on lifting speed. By putting a muscle under longer bouts of strain, you can cause extensive muscle breakdown allowing you to maximize muscle growth while minimizing the amount of weight being used. We will be shooting for roughly 7 reps in :60 to achieve the intended stimulus.
- Using a barbell, kettlebell, dumbbell, or loaded backpack, the focus here is a SLOW descent with perfect form. Again, you are shooting for around 7 reps a minute.
- Focus on pinning those shoulder blades together and maintaining a nice flat back.
- If you had a logo on the front of your shirt, the imaginary person standing in front of you should be able to see it.
- AND DON'T FORGET THAT ACTIVE REST!
- If you have access to a 70/55# KB, that is what we would have considered Rx in Class, most of you do not however.
- Sub a 50/35# DB if available - do Russian Swings (eye level) if hold the weight is a challenge for you.
- Use recommendations on holding the DB as shown in the video below
- Use a 55/35#KB or 35/25# DB with same suggestions above
- Use a 35/25# KB or a 20/10# DB
- A little big of a different spin on things! This WOD allows you to Choose Your Own Adventure!
- Two movements - done in any combination or order you would like to achieve the prescribed amount of reps! Have some fun with it!