20.1 is a great opening WOD for just about everyone.
10 Rounds for Time (15 min Time Cap)
8 Ground to Overhead (Power Snatch, Clean and Push Press or Clean and Jerk)10 Bar Facing BurpeesREVIEW THE WEIGHTS AND STANDARDS OF MOVEMENTS HERE
Ways to Get it Done:
- In ANY Class meeting on Friday
- At Friday Night Lights (just a time where we gather our biggest crowd to cheer each other on)
- Open Gym (Heats will begin at 8:45 and 9:15)
- Special Arrangements can be made on Monday by emailing Sara ahead of time.
How Classes Will Run
- Suggested Mobility and Warm-Up are provided
- If you are signed up for the Open, you will get a score sheet and be provided someone to fill out the score sheet for you while you do the WOD. Those that have not signed up will venture through on their own and are still encouraged to come to class.
- If you come to Friday Night Lights, we will be meeting at 4:30 and 5:30pm to go over WOD standards and assign Heats to complete the WOD.
- If you need to get the WOD done early, just let us know you need to get in one of the first heats, and we will make it happen!
- We will help to arrange judges a little easier this year. Be expected to be the judge for someone else when your WOD is finished, or while you are waiting to begin. Volunteers are always needed here!
Get to Know The Score Sheet
Every year we have scoring errors because judges don't understand the scoring. Please take a look at it ahead of time and make sure you know how to record a score BEFORE hand. If you are an athlete, please double check your judges work upon completion. Math is hard.
Submitting Your Score
After completing the WOD, you must submit your score online. The same place where you signed up for the Open (games.crossfit.com). Your score must be submitted before 8pm on Monday or else it won't show in the standings. PLEASE DO THIS EARLY in case you make a mistake and it needs to be corrected. Set an alarm on your phone so you don't forget.
Can't Come On Friday?
You can do the WOD at Open Gym. We will run heats at 8:45 and 9:!5. If you absolutely can't come on either of those days, please email us and let us know so we can make special arrangements for Monday.
The Open will challenge every one of us. There will be movements that the majority of us cannot do, and that is intentional. Those challenges are designed to push you in the years to come, giving you things to improve upon. Embrace the challenge and remember to JUST HAVE FUN! https://youtu.be/b8ZI3K5PADw